Sales Techniques Application for Results
The Sales Techniques Application for Results (STAR) program was designed to help sales reps improve the impact of detailing on prescriptions through a robust knowledge of promoted products and their environment (competitors-pathologies-authorities) as well as a solid grasp of sales techniques. The STAR Program can bring tangible results for sales reps in terms of their own performance and therefore, more broadly, that of pharmaceutical companies.
The program should be:
- Specific to each pharmaceutical company
- Set up in a collaborative way to increase relevance and ensure a better acceptance by sales reps
- Structured so as to facilitate its implementation
- Scalable to enable the continuous integration of tools and methods better suited to sales reps
- Easily adaptable to processes in place within pharmaceutical companies
The STAR program encompasses both a training dimension (sales techniques) and a management process dimension (sales forces management). Modules differ according to the position of peoples in the organization:
- Sales reps: sales techniques and products/environment
- Regional director: sales techniques and sales reps coaching
- Area director: sales techniques and regional director coaching
- Scalability enabling a continuous integration of tools and methods as needed
Key performance indicators (KPIs) enable pharmaceutical companies to track the level and evolution of performance.
Sales techniques can be split according to the three time periods of detailing: before, during, and after the call:
- Before the call: knowledge of the product, the competitors, the treated pathology, the doctor, and preparation of the strategy defined after the last call
- During the call: opening, understand doctor needs, sales pitch, answer doctors’ hesitations, resistance, conclusion-commitment
- After the call: analysis of the call, minutes, client service, goal set up and determination of the appropriate strategy for the next visit
The STAR program, through the systematic application of sales techniques, has a positive impact on the efficiency and efficacy of detailing. As such, each message has a stronger impact and the overall performance improvement is noticeable.