How to Anticipate other Players’ Moves
What are the benefits of competitive simulations?
- Competitive simulations enable pharmaceutical companies to evaluate, in a realistic and pragmatic way, the potential actions/reactions of their competitors in different scenarios (i.e. price increase, new product launch, etc.)
- Competitive simulations may also be conducted to anticipate shifts in the market environment resulting from changes in regulator or client actions/behaviors
- Competitive simulations help formulate stronger strategies, which are built on a more comprehensive analysis of likely market events and of their implications
What are competitive simulations?
- Competitive simulations involve the use of role-plays to better understand market players (i.e. regulators, competitors or clients) with the goal of answering the two following questions:
- - What are the most likely moves of market players?
- - What is then the best strategic and/or tactical option to adopt?
- By putting their collaborators in the shoes of other market players, companies will better understand the motivations of their competitors and be able to better predict their behaviors
When to organize competitive simulations?
- To anticipate the reaction of existing market players, before entering a market with a new product
- To estimate the entry strategy of newcomers
- To test a given strategy against the likely responses of competitors, customers, distributors, etc.
- To predict the behavior of stakeholders resulting from new regulations (i.e. an authoritative dereimbursement)
- To develop robust market scenarios from which strategies will be elaborated
- To explore how collaboration among key actors involved in a disease could improve prevention, diagnosis and treatment (e.g. HIV, breast cancer, diabetes, etc.)
Why collaborate with Smart Pharma Consulting?
Because our experienced consultants:
- Benefit from an in-depth knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
- Have acquired specific skills in business intelligence
- Are used to manage multi-national and multi-functional teams to lead them to concrete results
- Have carried out more than 55 projects involving market analysis, scenario planning and strategy formulation for pharmaceutical products